Click above for our range of projects which incorporate the Effective Marking approach.
Did you know you can buy low cost blank stickers from Label Planet?
We are always seeking to identify schools for ‘model school’ status.
Benefits of becoming a ‘model school’
The main benefits of working towards and achieving ‘model school’ status are that you will receive recognition and continued support for your excellent work in ensuring that marking and the curriculum are of a very high standard.
Model schools will:
- Host visits for teachers interested in Effective Marking
- Have at least one member of staff who is trained by us to deliver Effective Marking INSET and follow-up support visits
- Consistently demonstrate expert practice in marking
Model schools will be entitled to receive:
- Free places on all Effective Marking courses
- An annual audit visit from a senior Effective Marking trainer to ensure continued model school status and to aid ongoing school improvement
- Free membership of www.effectivemarking.co.uk
- Copies of key Effective Marking curriculum projects, including the Istanbul project
- £400 per day of training provided (+ travel and expenses)
- The permission to use the Effective Marking ‘model school’ logo on all school letterheads, websites etc
How to apply:
- Send a letter of application statement to [email protected]
- The application should be around two pages of typed A4: four pages maximum
- You should also attach a scanned example of a child’s work that you feel exemplifies expert practice in marking using the Effective Marking approach
What happens next:
If your letter of application indicates a high level of clarity about what constitutes Effective Marking we will arrange a final assessment visit.
The model school logo